Bucknell University Observatory
Bucknell University approached Mid-Penn Engineering in 2013 to design a new retractable roof structure that would be equipped with high-powered telescopes to enhance their Astronomy Program. This unique project required MPE’s structural team to design a structural support system that was capable of resisting dynamic loading conditions imposed by the retractable roof system.
Professional services accomplished by Mid-Penn Engineering for this unique project are outlined as follows:
- Building planning and programming collaboration with the University’s Steering Committee
- Topographic surveying and mapping services
- Complete building design services including electrical and structural systems engineering
- Complete civil-site design services for all site improvements that complement the new facility
- Building Permit acquisition
- Land Development Plans preparation and municipal approvals
- Erosion Control Plan preparation and approvals.