Bucknell University South Campus Projects
In the year 2010, Bucknell University embarked on a 40-acre expansion project at the southern fringes of this beautiful campus located in Lewisburg, PA. The South Campus Projects involved multiple phases to be accomplished over a 12-year period. MPE is very proud to have played a role in the design and development of the following project phases:
- Site Development and Utilities Infrastructure Project – This project set the stage for all future phases of the South Campus Projects by expanding site infrastructure such as roads, parking, sidewalks, lighting, utilities, and stormwater management facilities. This critical infrastructure project was completed in 2012.
- Academic West – This LEED Silver certified project included a multi-story academic building and related site improvements that was completed in 2013.
- LCA and KDR Fraternities – This LEED Silver Certified project included two multi-story residence buildings and related site improvements and was completed in 2013.
- South Campus Apartments – This 165,000-sf complex comprising four residence halls, an outdoor classroom, a new open quadrangle, basketball and volleyball courts, and site infrastructure was completed in 2015 and achieved LEED Silver Certification.
- MacDonald Commons – This multi-purpose facility is intended to support independent living in the adjacent South Campus Apartments. The building and site construction was completed in 2015 and achieved LEED Gold Certification.
- Affinity Housing – This LEED Silver certified project included two multi-story residence buildings and related site improvements and was completed in 2018
- Hildreth/Mirza Hall – This LEED Silver certified adaptive re-use project included the complete renovation of the former Delta Upsilon fraternity and was completed in 2018
- Academic East – This multi-story academic building and site development project is currently under construction and is slated for LEED Gold Certification
- Freeman College/Arts and Art History – This on-going LEED project includes a 79,000-sf academic building and related site improvements and is slated for completion in 2022.
Mid-Penn Engineering worked closely with various reputable Architects and University Steering Committees to accomplish these extraordinary projects. Below is a general overview of the basic services performed by MPE’s team of professionals:
- Civil-site related feasibility planning and programming collaboration with the development team to establish the vision, concepts, and budget
- Topographic/Boundary surveying and mapping services
- Complete civil-site design services for all requisite site improvements to support and enhance each new development
- Subdivision and Land Development Plans preparation and acquisition of municipal approvals and permits
- Site development permits acquisition including NPDES permits and Erosion Control Plan approvals.
- Bidding and Construction Administration Services
- Record Documents Preparation